Thursday, January 31, 2008

THE WIRE INTERVIEW: WENDELL PIERCE AND ANDRE ROYO

The Wire is the best show on TV. In fact, many say that it's the best show in the history of television. I agree. That's all I can say. Seriously, it really is all I can say. When people ask me to explain, I start gushing and kind of become incoherent. It's almost as if I've become a fifteen year old girl who has her first boyfriend and stop talking about how great he is. And I can't tell you why he's great. It's not because I don't know. It's just that there are so many things you want to say to someone who's never watched it.

Anyway, the guys at The Sound Of Young America podcast did an interview with two actors, Wendell Pierce ("Bunk") and Andre Royo ("Bubbles"), from The Wire. Thankfully, they did a much better job than I did in explaining why this show is so good and why it's reached so many different demographics. For people who are too lazy to go to it. I've posted it below.



Thanks again to The Sound Of Young America. They do a great podcast with a wide range of guests like Patton Oswalt, Rhymefest and Ted Leo to name a few. You should check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about this being one of the best shows on tv. I would like to offer up The Shield also being up at the top. Sad to see it end at season six. I did like how HBO have interviews with all the people on the show and asked who their favorite charterers were.