Monday, December 15, 2008

BYE-BYE, ENDY. HELLO, PUTZ.

Mets outfielder Endy Chavez was traded last week to Seattle for reliever J.J. Putz. While I don't know a lot about Putz, I hear he's supposed to be a definite upgrade from the usual revolving door of game-blowers [II]. Despite not being the greatest of ballplayers, he always played with a lot of heart and effort which is a rarity these days. Mostly, I'll remember him for giving my most recent Mets memory that didn't make me want to Sylvia Plath myself. That amazing catch that made me think the Mets were destined to go to the World Series. (Carlos Beltran and his immobile bat had different plans). So bye-bye, Endy. Thanks for the memories.

<br/><a href="http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=b0869358-5f43-48f0-bc19-fee9c82bbacd" target="_new" title="Endy Chavez&#39;s leaping catch">Video: Endy Chavez&#39;s leaping catch</a>

No comments: