Friday, December 12, 2008

Remember Me?

What I've been up to:

-work (gotta get paid)

-School (get your learn on)

-realizing being a sports fan (Knicks, Mets and *sigh* Raiders) will probably put me in an early grave. I may want to start smoking cigarettes....laced with crack. That would probably save me the heartache. At least that way, I'd know how it would end.

-trying to figure out which is the best record I've heard all year. (Yeah, I still call them records) It's between Nas' Untitled, The Roots' Rising Down and Kanye West's 808s and Heartbreak. Each one brings something different to the table, but lacks something that another one has. I also really liked Wale's The Mixtape About Nothing. I'll get into these later. (No really. I won't disappear again. Seriously. Honest. Pinky swear)

-meeting up with fellow bloggers and wearers of fine footwear (a.k.a. Sneaker Fiends) Dallas Penn and Grand Master.

-Realized I don't care if Dr. Dre's Detox ever comes out. While Dr. Dre is a super-producer, legend, (insert your favorite term of endearment here), I really don't care. I don't think he's made a beat that I've really liked since The Chronic. Wait, I liked "Next Episode" and "Still D.R.E." I think it could be as underwhelming as Chinese Democracy. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2? That's another story.

That's enough for now. Tune in tomorrow, where I'll post two days in a row.

3 comments:

jglc said...

ch ch chea

also, co-sign on Dre and OB4CL2... The Chronic is overrated... (waits for e-ether).

Jay Williams said...

Someone besides you would have to read this for e-ether. haha.

Anonymous said...

radiers and the mets... damn you like punishment.